GM to buy BMW?

Please, pretty please, Automotive Gods......no more consolidation !
These giant conglomerates will take individuality, quirkiness, and
personality out of cars. Their market research will focus on the lowest
common denominator. Did anybody see Repo Man? It will be like that. There,
you went  to the store and bought cans labeled "food", or "drink". We will
buy generic "car" and "uglysuvcar".
Damn global economy makes me puke. I want to make my own car now. But you
have to  start a drug cartel first.
Well, at least it is a good business decision for GM. They make crap at the
moment (with 2 or 3 exceptions), so the BMW purchase will do them good.
...back to Alfa content

>MUNICH, Germany (AP) - General Motors will make an offer to buy Bavarian
car company BMW in the >next few days, a German newspaper
>reported Saturday.

luke, San Mateo, CA---USA

74 Spider (out in the bitter cold of last night), 82 GTV6 3.0s (passed smog,
but what a pain), 95 164LS (b on b, mafia staff car), 98 Audi A6 Q (wife is
ensconced)

(Is it time to sell one car and buy food and water for the Y2K bunker?)