Re: Fatter checkbook

>Eric H. goes on and on with some point about spending quality
>time getting dirty with Alfa Romeos

Heya, I get into Alfas with my eyes open. I was once a 'real' mechanic,
made a living doing it, but nowadays I ain't got the time nor the
inclination to fuss around with cars. I reserve my mechanicking time for
motorcycles.

But I still like to drive a nice Alfa and I'm perfectly willing to pay
for a professional to do whatever's necessary to build me what I want. I
make enough money to be able to afford it. Rebuilding a whole car is
expensive ... heck, rebuilding a motorcycle is expensive, and there's
less than half the parts to worry about.

I bring my Spider to the guys I trust whenever it needs something. They
do a great job for me. It does cost me money, but I deem it worth the bux.

Also, I don't see why the constant insinuation that the Tipo 164 is not a
'real' Alfa is necessary. It may not be the right car for you, but it's a
fine Alfa Romeo sedan and I'd love to have one someday. I'm tired of
hearing this kinda crap.

Godfrey