My car is talking to me!

Well, sort of.  I'm hearing some strange noises.

For the past few months my rear end has been making an increasingly
irritating noise.  It only occurs when I am making a turn.  The best way
I can describe it is a wallowing sound.  Sort of a Wurh-Warh Wurh-Warh
Wurh-Warh.  I just had the uv joints replaced and the mechanic commented
that it sounded like the rear-end was about to fall out, but he wasn't
sure what it was.  He suggested maybe a bearing.

Also, lately, when my car has been sitting a while and I start it.  I
get a crazy loud screeching sound.  It stops every time after about 20
seconds.

My last sound is very similar.  It is also a loud screeching sound that
occurs when I first disengage the clutch and press the accelator in each
gear.  It sounds like a belt, maybe.

Thanks for any input.

Frank Sewell
'88 Spider Veloce