Q re. inst. 5 sp. in 750F

Hi Alfisti,
I'm trying to install a 5 sp. trans in my '58 Spider Veloce.  The trans is
from a GTV Jr. and I'm using a 101 5 sp. trans. carrier.  Gear lever opening
in trans tunnel has been relocated.  Empty engine and empty trans assembly
is in car held in place by trans carrier bolt centered on hole for silent
block in trans (the carrier is bolted to car without spacers).  The front of
the engine is supported by resting the oil sump, minus finned bottom, on a
narrow piece of wood clamped across the bottom of frame rails below and
behind the timing chain cover and block joint.  In this position the bottom
of sump is horizontal side-to-side but still on a slight incline towards the
rear, and there is approximately 1/2 inch clearence or less between the bell
housing and trans tunnel.  Now I need information about the exact
relationship of the bottom of sump to the bottom of frame rail from a
successful transplant (e.g. are they exactly parallel, and how much lower
does the pan sit with or without bottom finned plate), as well as advise on
motor mount rubber and silent block for trans mount.  I will soon have the
head to trial fit exhaust headers and carbs.  Off list responses seems to be
appropriate unless you have definitive answers every 750 owner can save and
use.
Cheers, Peter
PS.  Also, if you know of someone who could advise me, please let me know
how to reach them.