164 heating

<<<<<
1) Heating: When driving the car in traffic, the temperature will eventually
reach over the 215-220 F mark (mid-way between the 175 and 250).  The
overheating light goes on for a while, than goes off after the temperature
is reduced by driving on a free stretch of road.

After this unusually cold winter where I live, I'm seeing a similar problem
in my Milano.  In my case, the radiator fan does come on, but not until the
temp is well over 200 degrees.  Once the fan is running, everything cools
down.  So I suspect either the thermostat is not opening up fast or far
enough, or the fan is not coming on soon enough.

This coming weekend I'm going to replace the thermostat.  If that doesn't
work, the next step is to replace the fan switch.  Both are original
equipment, and my car has lots of miles <g>.

Howard K. Warren, Little Rock, AR
1988 Milano Platinum, "SnowHawk", 155k miles
1984 GTV-6, "Falconi", 131k miles