33 clutch and 156 drool

> From: "David R Johnson" <johnsnd@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: Clutch on 33
>
> I also put on new calipers (found very cheap at a dealer closing down) at the
> same time since I had the brake dragging problem.  Remember to remove the
> handbrake cable from the the calipers.  This is a huge pain,

None at all - the handbrake on a 33 is conventional and on the rear drums.  Also,
the front discs are now outboard.

> From: Ralph Moorhouse <ralfalfa@domain.elided>
> Subject: Alfa 156 - Check this out
>
> Feel free to drool & dream!!

UK Autocar this week still rates the 156 as the best front wheel drive car in the
world.  Presumably my 155 is therefore second best?  Review of 166 next week.
Initial brief review of 166 2.0 TS was very complimentary and made the point that
always seems to be made that the 2.0 TS is the best engine to have in 155, 156,166
and even 164 (70kg lighter than 2.5 so drop off in performance not too noticeable
and produces sharper turn in as less nose heavy).  This is often quoted as one of
the best, if not the best 2.0 litre production engine in the world.

Sooo glad Alfa did not give up the UK...

Andrew