164 Clunking in Dallas

WARNING: if you own a 1991 164 and you live in Dallas, TX,
chances are extremely high that you have an annoying
clunking sound coming from the driver's side of your car. At
this time, 12 reports of this problem have been reported.
The Dallas Chief of Police refused to comment as to whether
foul play was involved but informed sources noted that 12
probably exceeds the number of 1991 164's currently being
driven in the Dallas-Ft. Worth Metro area. The clunking is
probably due in some way to the fact that the 164 is a
front-wheel drive car and therefore barely qualifies as an
Alfa...see your Saab dealer for looks of surprised
recognition at the underside of your car.

Danny, have you taken the wheel off yet? What did you see?

Anyone, what's the expected life-span of a 164 CV joint?

Being a smartass in Clearwater, FL,
- - Eric H.
1983 GTV6 that sounds like it's running on 3 cylinders until
3000 RPM is achieved (I reset the timing to spec)...ARG!!! I
can't win!
1988 Volvo 740 damnably reliable...boxy and boring, too