164 driver's side clunking

I'm currently experiencing a clunking/rattle sound on the driver's
side front wheel. Only happens when going over bumps. Quick braking
makes it sound like something is tumbling. Also there is sort of a
loud plastic rubbing sound when I'm applying the brakes. The plastic
sound also occurs as I'm cruising, but not when accelerating. Does
anyone know if the this is the sign of the driver side a-arm going?
What in the world could it be?

Thanks ahead!
Danny
91 164L