date error, a one-off kit car, two birds with one stone-, plus Super ragtop

In my note in 454 on the Sprint Zagato restoration at Galbiati's, I see I
typed the visit date as 1961. Wrong. 1991. Some things the spellchecker won't
catch. Damn. Sorry.-

Bob Cess mentioned off-digest that "The last time I talked to Don about the TZ
replica (roughly a year ago), none had been sold.  His son has the prototype
in, or around, Oregon City, OR." Too bad, it was a lot of work and well done.
The tooling presumably exists- Bill Harkell? "Let's buy Richard a car - -"

Two or three years ago I mentioned a small photo taken at Zandvoort of a
Giulia Super Phaeton which I had seen in Het Klaverblaasdje, the journal of
the Stichting Club Alfa Romeo Bezitters. One of the Dutch correspondents
responded that it was a German car, and politely suggested that it was a
shitbox, crudely done. The current issue #48 has a larger photo of a related
car, a convertable two-door Giulia T.I. or Super, the doors lengthened to give
quite nice proportions, and it looks like well-done metalwork, although the
folded top is bulky in the German fashion. Probably not the same car as the
Zanvoort Phaeton, being appreciably farther east. I don't read Dutch, but the
caption says "Van Semko Posthuma, uit Dronrijf, hebben wij deze foto mogen
ontvangen. Hij schrijft hierover: tijdens mijn vakantie in Tsjechie, ben ik
ook in Oostenrijk geweest. In Linz, vlakbij de Tsjechische/Oostenrijkse grenz,
kwam ik deze "Giulia Spider" tegen. Net op het moment dat ik een kijkje wilde
nemen, kwamen er 2 heren die instapten en wegreden. Ik kon nog snel een foto
maken."

Hope I got that right. My spellchecker isn't THAT polyglot-

John H.
Raleigh, N. C.