leaky rear-end

Yesterday I noticed a small puddle of fluid on the ground below the
differential of my 90 Spider.  Is this a sign of the pinion seal leaking or
could this be a leaky gasket or other problem.  When I bought the car 2 years
ago I had it inspected and the mechanic pointed out then that the pinion seal
was leaking.  Supposedly the dealership from whom I bought the car replaced
the seal.  I haven't seen any fluids leaking until yesterday (from the
differential).  What gives?  If it is the pinion seal, how hard is it to
replace?  Should I pay a competent alfa mechanic to do it?

Rob Murphy
90 SPider
Coral Springs, FL