CARROZZERIA F.LLI GALBIATI

In AD7- 453 Joe Senesac, Duetto Register Keeper, asks " The SZ bodies made by
Galbiati are not something I am familiar with - but I wonder if Galbiati
company (http://www.galbiati.co.it), metalworker of bed frames, is associated?
Anyone know?  Just curious, it would be interesting to know who makes these SZ
bodies and how much they would cost."

CARROZZERIA F.LLI GALBIATI s.n.c. di Mario, Piero e Roberto Galbiati, 2010
Bareggio (MI) - Via Montenero, fax (02) 90360763 , Specializzata in restauri e
ricambi ZAGATO, probably does not make bed frames. If they do, they are
unquestionably lovely bedframes.

They do the bodywork for the Alfa Museum, for the Scuderia Portello, for
limited-edition new "Zagato-bodied" Ferraris, and for people who can afford
it. If you have to ask, you can't.

When I tagged along with Fred on a visit they lifted the tarp on a car in the
corner. Take one zero-miles top-of-the-line new Pininfarina-bodied Ferrari,
check out the areas where PF was mundane, crude, and lacking in both
imagination and formal sensitivity, redo it right, and paint a blinding
yellow. Think of a Boyd Coddington for upscale connoisseurs, but with taste.

A most memorable visit. In the sideyard they had a just-finished Porsche
cabriolet restoration. There was absolutely nothing overdone, no Pebble Beach
excess, but I doubt that any Porsche ever left Stuttgart as flawless.

In awe,

John H.
Raleigh, N.C.

End of alfa-digest V7 #454