Re:women and cars, et al....

I'd say go for it.  My daughter is better at fixing cars than either of my
sons.  It's motivation -- if she wanted to get there, she kept the car
running.  (The Theoretical Physicist does not want to bother with such
mundane things, and the other son bought his own.)

I don't think wrenching broadly is a particularly male capacity --
remember that in simpler times, women were preferrentially hired for
production line work which required fine motor control and attention to
detail.  Fixing Alfas?

r.m.bies