84 Alfa Spider Air conditioning

Hi,

I have an 84 AR Spider with air conditioning that I purchased
with a wholed piston that I am trying to get past inspection.  I
purchased a used engine and am putting back in after fixing
a leaking rear main seal and backup light.   I am having some
trouble getting the air conditioning belt tight and wondered if =

anyone would have any suggestions.  I purchased a new
belt and it has the same problem.  It has about 2 inches of
flex in it.  Does anyone on the list have an 84 with air
conditioning that I could ask some questions to ?  Has anyone
run into the same problem ?

Doug K
3 84 Spiders (1 parts)