synchro rings

A question a few digests back concerned the alfetta/116 transaxle and
usefulness of parts from it for the 115 series cars.  Being no expert,
I'll quote from IAP catalog number 27, page 52:

    Synchro rings and sleeves fit all 1969-on models including
    alfetta and GTV-6.

As the owner of three spare alfetta transmissions this gives me good
cheer.  At $26.25 each for the five rings and $69.25 each for the three
sleeves, this looks attractive.  The synchros are visually inspectable,
so I may in the end just harvest the good ones ... two of the
transmissions worked well, one is an unknown ... and haul the castings
and gears off to the scrap dealer.  Sigh.

mark m thornton
seattle washington usa