HELP: DEAD MILANO

Sorry if this is a re-post, my server crashed.

Help me out gang, my Milano is dead on the side of the road.  Here's
what happened today:

This morning when I started the car, the battery light came on and
stayed on(it's never done this before), it continued to flash steadily
for two 40 mile trips.  The Alfa Romeo Control light, the big red one,
would also occasionally come on & stay on when I hit the brakes.  The
car drove fine at this point.

After the car sat for about 40 minutes, I restarted it & the battery
light went out, all seemed back to "normal."

About a 10 minute drive & I stopped for a train.  I turned off the
engine & left the radio on.  Sat waiting for the train for about 5
minutes.

When I went to restart the car, the accessories worked fine, but the car

would not start.  The starter "clicked" like it wasn't getting enough
electricity.  However, it would not jump start.

I push-started the car and it fired up, the battery light was again on,
but now the oil light also came on...however, the oil gauge showed
normal oil pressure.

I drove the car about 1 mile & when I hit the brake pedal the
speedometer would drop back to 0, even though we were obviously still
moving.

At this point, the car stalled & it's sitting in a Wendy's parking lot.
OK, any ideas?  I'm thinking it's gotta be electrical.  I recently had
the rear brakes re-done, calipers and pads and he didn't replace an ABS
sensor so occasionally the Antilock light on the dash does light up.
Other than that, the car has run fine with no problems.  Thanks in
advance, and please reply to me directly.

- --
John Hammer
Production Director/Z Morning Crew
WHZZ Lansing, MI
Vice President, Miata Owners of Mid Michigan
'94 Mazda Miata R-Package + Toys
'87 Alfa Romeo Milano

I've had lunch with Carnie Wilson...she eats a lot