Milano Brakes

Just a couple quick questions about my Milano's brakes. I bought
Ricambi's steel
braided brake lines, and my mechanic mentioned that they were kinda just
a hype
thing. That the stock lines were just as good, and the ONLY thing they
would do is
make the pedal stiffer. Is that it? Should I just send them back and get
the OE
rubber hoses? Is it just going to make it require more pedal effort to
stop the car?
I'm going for the full-on performance brakes here. Drilled rotors,
performance
pads... etc. Should I keep the steel braided teflon lines? Also, what
kind of pads
should I go with? I was looking into getting the AXXIS Metal Master pads
from IAP.
Are they any good. I've heard some things about Carbon-Kevlar, but are
those for
racing only (this is a street car... to be occasional racer)
Suggestions? Thanks.

End of alfa-digest V7 #450