Re: '82 spider top installation

 I installed a top on an 83 spider last summer using the instruction
book sold by IAP. I think Centerline sells the same book. The
installation wasn't too difficult but it was very time consuming.
Removing all of the old glue was the most tedious part. Another trouble
spot could be rust on the studs that hold the rear of the top to the
body. I lost (broke)  a couple of them while removing the top.
 The instruction book was very good though and the job came out fine.
One point to stress is to get the new top mounted to the front support
with the piping pointing down as much as you can. If it's not pointing
down it will cause a lot of wind noise when the top is up. Not that mine
ever are.

Phil Williams
3 spiders and a platinum