Re: exhaust and 164

>From: Vasco Melo <vasco_melo@domain.elided writes
>
>Would anyone know who manufacturered the OEM exhaust that came with my 1991
>164 S ? (The actual car date is 8/90)  Thanks for the input.

Well I don't know, but if you are seeking to duplicate the life of the
original system (mine went 90,000 miles before a repair was needed), be
prepared to be disappointed. Replacement OEM mufflers and downpipes (from
ALFA dealers)are definitely not up to the original quality and life
expectation.  I had a second muffler fail after 40,000 miles and the new
downpipes look as if they had been welded in high school shop.

However in one respect they are superior to every aftermarket system I have
tried on other cars.

THEY FIT PROPERLY!

Bruce