Foam spoliers redux

Chris -

Chris scrivened:

>Why would you repaint something that was never painted before?  The
Spider model you describe has black "foam or rubber" serving as  the
spoiler.  I have an 84 Spider Veloce which is the same thing as you
describe and I just keep it treated with AutoGlym which keeps it supple
and black even after 15 years.  I have seen Spiders of the same vintage
out there with painted spoilers and they look awful since the spoiler
material is flexible and the paint cracks.
Anyway, the badge it epoxied to the spoiler (it was on mine) and it just
takes some >careful wiggling to my recollection.
The foam spoiler was left untreated for several years by the PO, so it's
pretty bad.  I figure that I've got nothing to lose by trying black
flexible bumper paint.  I agree that if it's in good shape, it's best
not to paint it, but, if it's not . . . .

The badges on mine appear to be held on by some sort of fastener that
friction fits on posts protruding through the spoiler itself. It appears
that Alfa had its usual production/manufacture variances on this too.
Whatever the fastening mechanism, it's on there pretty doggone good.

Bill