RE: spider spoilers

Phil -
I've had real good luck so far with flexible urethane bumper paint made
by SEM.  I haven't painted the foam spoiler yet, but it's next on the
list.  I started from the front of the car with the plastic bumper, and
worked my way back through all the "plastic" parts:  air grill/wiper
cover, mirrors, door handle gaskets, etc.  The SEM paints adhere quite
well, IF the surface is really clean - you've got to remove ANY trace of
wax or silicone.  The SEM paints are about $9 per aerosol can (I'll use
up 3 cans  of black before I'm done) and they come in different
reflectances.  I chose 39083 Gloss Black and also 39063 Metallic Sliver
for the tops of the bumpers.  SEM also sells a "Plastic Prep" cleaner
that I used to make sure that the surfaces are really clean and I
roughed up the surfaces using synthetic steel wool after I first cleaned
up the parts with Simple Green.  The local body shop also sold me some
3M flexible plastic masking tape (it's blue, about 1/8 -3/16" wide, I
forget the number) for masking off the spoiler from the trunk lid.  I
removed the taillights last night so that I could spray the sides of the
spoiler without worrying about the overspray on the light surfaces.

I would prefer to remove the badges if I can since it would make getting
a smooth, even coat simpler.  I have a vitreous enamel Alfa crest to
replace the plastic one in the center - no more "blue badges"!

Hope this helps!

Bill