164 rumble

I pulled into the office parking lot this morning, cut the wheel and put the
car into reverse to back into a spot. As I backed up the car began to
rumble/ vibrate very loudly. I shut the car down immediately. I have a noisy
exhaust, but nothing that would suggest imminent decay. Timing belt is 30k
old. [pray tell this isn't the sound the belt makes when she blows] It is
very cold in NJ today [20-25] but the car was garaged overnight.

Could anyone venture any educated guesses as to what this might be? Where to
look first? Should I hesitate to start the car again before I determine what
it is?

thanks,
dave s.