CarDisk on the Mac

> Is the Car disc cd for the 164 avilable in a mac version or will I
have to
> run an emulator?

And Jeff H in Brisbane replied:

When we bought ours over a year ago they were only available for
Windows. I tried it at work and the supplied program (written in VB)
is truly horrible. At the time I offered to write a cross platform
program for CarDisk but they never even replied. All I was asking was
for a few technical details (ie no payment).

So I copied the PC CD onto another CD after having arranged all the
files by type (ie owners manuals, TSBs, etc)  into folders (couldn't
believe they had everything in one directory... crazy) and after
having translated them all into PICT files (should have made them
GIF). We just use Graphic Converter to read them now.

Yeah, that's probably the most elegant way to do it...but SoftWindows
costs less than $150, and while it's even slower than "real" Windows,
it should be OK for running CarDisk, and considerably less extravagant
of time and equipment than Jeff's way.

Maybe some smart Mac pro out there should look into doing something
like CarDisk for the Mac, and doing it more efficiently as Jeff has
suggested.

Will Owen
Nashville, TN

Rico the Milano, getting new brakes today
Alice the Falcon, waiting for her Renaissance
Scoobie the Justy, filling in very nicely