Re: Vintage Ralley in the Bay Area

> From:	Chris Jacobs [SMTP:chris@domain.elided]
>
> I am in the process of putting on a vintage sportscar rally in the
> Midwest (Northern Kentucky to be exact) named the Rallye de Automne
> Campagne.  I read an article several years ago in one of the car
> magazines, I recollect it was Automobile, that chronicled a multi day
> rally in California put on by an avid Alfa enthusiast who lived in the
> Bay Area.  Do you know this event and if so do they have a web page or
> someone I can contact?  I appreciate any help you can provide.

I don't know about the Bay Area proper, but about five years ago there
was a "Mille Miglia of California" or some such that a lot of well heeled
Bay Area alfisti attended (such as Bob Shrader, Martin Swig, etc.). It
was held down in the south, and may have even included parts of Arizona.

- - Jack

| Jack Hagerty                |                                             |
| Robotic Midwives, Ltd.      |    "What luck for leaders that men          |
| Livermore, CA		      |    do not think.  The winner is never       |
| jack@domain.elided   |    asked if he lied." - Adolph Hitler       |
| (925) 455-1143 (voice/fax)  |                                             |
|        ARA #97, NAR #55105, LUNAR #002 / TRA #3943, Aero-PAC #168         |