164 brake light

Alan,

Check that brake reservoir cap is open-circuited not short-circuited.

For pre-94 164s, When bake fluid is low, the warning sensor's two
connectors
on brake reservoir cap is short-circuited( close to zero ohm ).  When
fluid
full, it is open-circuited( infinity resistance ).

For post-94 164s, it is the opposite.  The benefit is when warning
light sensor is NOT connected, the light should turned on.  But on pre-94
164s, You cannot tell anything wrong when you forgot to connect warning
sensor.

Karl

Ever since a local mechanic replaced the stepper motors in my '91 L, the
brake fluid light has been on permanently. He claims ( I don't believe
it) that somehow the SEMDER has become faulty---any one else have the
problem? ( or better yet, the solution?)
<<