Timely Leatherique post

Copied below is the latest post on the MBCA list concerning this leather
product.
I hear my credit cards mewling in my wallet.......

Subject: Leatherique Tech Session

Last Saturday, Leatherique, in the person(s) of George and Krysti
Pavlisko, presented a fascinating Tech Session to the members of the
Southern Stars Section. In a little over two hours, we were treated to a
whole new world of leather and MB-Tex preservation and renewal
techniques.  I am here to tell one and all - their product line WORKS!

George had an old, grungy leather seat bottom from an old Jaguar - it
had been light "biscuit" color, but had aged and cracked beyond
recognition.  He demonstrated how to clean and restore the leather to
its' original color and condition, and then demonstrated how to re-dye
the leather to match practically any color.  He did the same to a tired
MB-Tex seat as well, and I was mightily impressed.  The rationale behind
his product line is simple--- use only oils and compounds which are
found naturally in the leather.  His demonstration illustrates the
danger of using ANY product which contains silicone on leather - really
bad news because the silicone causes the leather to actually shrink.

I'm not affiliated with leatherique, but would suggest that anyone who
is contemplating the replacement of their interior read through the
information on their website <www.leatherique.com> before going out and
purchasing a new interior.  For about 25% of the cost of a replacement
interior, you can strip and re-dye the existing seats, console armrests
and door panels so that your interior looks like new.  Even more
important, you can actually maintain your interior in an "as-new"
condition in about two or three hours twice a year.  You can contact
George or Krysti at <LRPLTD@domain.elided> for more information.

One other thing - the point was made and emphasized several times in the
presentation that the WORST thing for a car's interior is ultraviolet
rays.  A good argument for window-tinting, if I ever heard one.

Best regards,

David Leedy
Southern Stars Section

- --
Jim Roth, White Rock (Los Alamos) NM USA
'94 Land Rover Discovery
'90 MBZ 300TE 4Matic
'88 ALFA Romeo Milano Verde (75/3.0QV)
'85 Maserati BiTurbo