pony leather and electric fan kits

steven from venice writes:

>have the tan pony leather interior on my 164 L and am looking for
>suggestions on how to condition it without darkening the leather

What is a pony interior? Is it "mustangese"? Or did real ponies die for our
comfort...?
My wife just reiterated a story from her youth where some friends came over
to the house a few years back, were told that they were sitting on a
naughahide couch and proceeded to inquire what a "naugha' looked like, and
how many of them died. I can just imagine a herd of naughas, roaming
freely...and suddenly, bang, poof ! A backfire from my Spider spooks them
into a gallop...
Somebody call the SPCA, or is it SPICA?.

Seriously, Lexol worked for me very well. All I know that i bought the light
brown bottle with a "22" on it. Unlike Aromorall, i did not have the greasy
white stuff, although i understand that they improved their product since I
last used it.

- ---------------

bob brooks asks about the electric fan kit for the 105/115 cars...

It works very well, I reckon. I have had mine for 5 years now. To me, it is
a slight performance gain, one less belt to worry about, and you can rig it
to run after the car shuts off and is hot without coolant circulating
(prompting people to say:  "Mister, you ain't shut off your little car"  It
always makes me want to turn it on and rev it to 6K to appraise them of the
aural pleasure of the thing **really*** running-----But I am adult and would
never do that).

thx
luke

74 Spider, 82 GTV6 3.0s, 95 164LS, 98 Audi A6 Q