Spider gear selecetor shortening

Does anyone have any experience with shorter gear shifters in Spiders?
It seems to me that the gear selector rod could be an inch or two
shorter and be a bit easier to use. I think this might help some of us
shift a bit quicker and also give people like me a bit more leg room in r=
ather
crapmed compartment.

Let me know,

Best,

Gregory Scott

'He was agin the rich, he was agin the poor'   =97Mark E. Smith