RE: carb sync'n

The adapter for the manometer is essentially a "T" fitting with a
calibrated orifice on one arm of the "T" and conection to the intake
manifold and to the manometer on the other.  I also have a motorcycle
manometer that I use to equalize the trottles and adjust the idle air
bleeds on my 69 spider.  I use empty 25 caliber pistol cartridges with
the primers removed to get 4 equal sized orifices but you could also
carefully drill approximately 1/16 inch holes in 4 plugs of any sort to
get the same effect.  I also made sure that all the tubing pieces and
"T" fittings are the same size and lengths.  The purpose of the adapter
is to circumvent the idle air bleed adjuster and provide a limited but
equal amount of air into each cylinder.  Using the manometer to equalize
the trottles definitely helped me tune my engine much more easily than
any of the other suggested methods I've tried.