Lighter Flywheel in Spider

Well, I didn't get any responses to my question as to my clutch problems. I
guess I'll just take the transmission out and have a look at things. Based
on the symptoms, it should be pretty obvious when I get things apart.

I have always had the idea of lightening my flywheel in the back of my mind.
Since I am taking apart the clutch this is a great time to replace the
flywheel. My spider has multiple performance changes (Sperry stage 3 head,
cams, header, etc..) and I would like to put a lighter flywheel for better
throttle response. I know the downsides of a lighter flywheel because of the
loss of rotational mass. I am willing to live with the downsides because of
how the car is used.

What I am looking for is some responses from people who have had experience
with lightening their flywheel. I know I can have the stock flywheel
lightened or I can purchase an aluminum flywheel. Is the only downside of
the aluminum the price? I don't want to risk making the stock flywheel
unsafe by removing too much material. Who sells aluminum flywheels for the
Bosch injected spiders (I have optical pickups in the bellhousing that picks
up on an small tick on the flywheel). Any help would be appreciated.

Depending on what I find when I have the clutch apart, does anybody have any
recommendations for a high performance clutch for my spider (hopefully I
won't need a new clutch but you never know).

Thanks,

Brad H.