Someone backed into my spider!

Perhaps someone has had a similar experience. Someone backed into my
spider 90 while it was parked. Fortunately he left his number and now I
have to get it repaired. My question is: How far can you go when it
comes to repairs? Should I ask for a complete new paint job? Or will
they just replace the damaged panel? How will this affect the value of
my car? Can I use the 'Collectors' argument? Etc... Any advice would be
much appreciated.

Thanks

Fred