more GTV leaks

My '74 GTV leaked like crazy this past spring in the rain.  Replacing
the drain tube worked for a while, but part of the problem is that the
tube must make a bit of a bend where it exits through the firewall, and
it gets kinked there over time, causing water to back up.  I fixed this
by cutting the tube at the firewall and rejoining it with a small 45
degree plumbing elbow, which both reinforces and helps it take the
corner.  I would still get a bit of water inside when parked on steep
side-slopes, which was coming in around the air vent ducts where they
come into the grill area.  A bead of caulk around each has finally
solved this little gremlin.

Jeff Matson
Harvard, MA
'74 GTV