17" wheels on a GTV6??

Hi,

     I was wondering if a set of 17" wheels would fit on a GTV6?  My car
has been lowered, so I am not sure if I will have clearance problems or
not.  Has anyone tried this on a GTV6 or know of what width or offset I
would need?  What tire size?  What are your opinions on this?  I know of
three companies (work wheels, hre wheels, and fikse) that will make
custom wheels for the GTV6, but they need to know what dimensions I need.
 Let me know what ya'll think and  if you know of any other companies
that make modular wheels for the 5x98 pattern.

Thanks,

Todd Hoppens  '81 GTV6