Insurance battle

Just to add my 2 cents worth, I had to go to war with an out of town co.
Their customer ran into me. I produced about a quarter of a pund of
documentation showing the realistic value. They insulted me with their
pitiful offer. I had documentation showing the work and money spent
restoring it. I told the adjuster I didn't want them to total it. After
much debate I told him to just replace my '74 GTV with one just like it.
They did record it as totalled, and I told them I wanted the corpse. I
ended up with a check for $4,900.00. Fixed it for $2,500 including a
decent paint job, then finally sold it. The damage was not that bad,
just ugly and expensive. The main thing, I believe, is to tell them to
replace it with a like vehicle. They won't be able to most likely. Check
Hemmings, the Sports Car Market letter for prices to show them as well
as what was mentioned a digest or two ago.

Bill Bergman