water in GTV air vents

     Per Bruce's experience, my 74 GTV also once showered my son in the
     front passenger seat with formerly standing water from the air vent
     once we got up to freeway speed (on the freeway).  He thought it was
     hilarious.  I checked into it, and my cowl area drain was not blocked;
     I poured water into that area with a hose and it properly flowed out
     the drain pipe onto the ground in front of the firewall.  I think
     there is a bit of an unanticipated design problem here.  When the car
     is sitting flat, the air vent intakes are higher than the drain, and
     water drains out just fine.  But when parked on a highly crowned road,
     as mine was at the time, the curb-side (lower) air vent intake was
     lower than the drain inlet, in essence becoming the drain itself.
     Parking on the flat seemed to solve the "problem" in my case.

     Andrew Watry
     Berlina Register
     59 Sprint (FOR SALE) take 'em both!  paint and carpet this one
     67 Super
     69 Berlina (FOR SALE) package deal!  drive this one
     74 GTV