BLEEDER And stuff

The 49 state Alfetta owners manual that I purchased from John Hertzman states that the car is designed to run
on unleaded regular,,,,,,,,,which is what I use and have for 10,000 miles. As a treat I give it a tank of
Chevron Supreme from time to time after it has delivered a particularly fun drive.

I thought I would share this brake bleeder with you all. I first saw one in a motorcycle shop so I built my
own. It works great and is $170.00 less than the professional model that I used to sell.
Take a 1 quart container such as a brake fluid can and in the screw on cap install a threaded or barbed
fitting through the cap.Attach 2 ft of vacum line (Clear urethane tubing from aquarium or hardware store) to
the top of the modified cap. To the inside of the cap attach 3 to 4 inches if the same hose. Now on the top of
the can next to the screw on cap/neck punch a hole in the can and in stall another fitting. To this also
attach a couple of feet of hose. At the other end of this hose install a similar fitting that is then attached
to a PVC pipe end cap. Chose an endcap that will fit over the pickup hose of you shop vac. Any size difference
can be taken up with weather stripping or duct tape or?
 Now the hose from the cap goes to the caliper or whatever you are bleeding. Ant the other hose goes to the
shop vac. Crack the bleed valve and switch on the vac....  VOILA!!!!! and you will be surprised how well it
works. If it looks like you are drawing air in the fluid it is because the vac is greater than the bleed screw
can flow fluid,,,,,,,,,just let it run and keep your eye on the reservoir. And always close the bleeder before
you shut off the vacum.

NO FLAMES PLEASE and have fun.
76 ALFETTA and other toys too
Tom Baumen