re: Water Pump R & R

Chistopher Keen asked about water pump R&R on a 77 Spider -

I have replaced the pump on a '76 Alfetta (2 litre) - If you still have the
Spica unit, you will have to loosen the crankshaft pulley so that the pump
will clear, on the removal of the old, as well as fitting of the new.  The
pulley also acts as drive for Spica, so you don't want to remove it, unless
you want to retime the injection unit.  Haven't done that, so I don't know
what it entails.

I have heard some Digesters refer to replacing the lower pump mounts studs
with bolts, but have no experience.

If you have cable drive for the tack, it comes off the pump.   No biggie to
undo and replace.  If i remember, undo before the pump comes out, then
reattach when the new pump is in place.

Pretty straighforward, otherwise, I would imagine.  On the Alfetta, the grill
had to come off so I could undo the crank pulley, but that was a piece of
cake.

Use LOTS of hand cleaner afterward.  Dirty, but rewarding when it gets
buttoned back up.

Jay Negrin
76 Alfetta Gt
So Cal