Stan,  Columbus, Ga.
*********************

No doubt you'll get a lot of feedback on this one. Best bet is to remove
engine and crank. Should crank need micro-polishing, it would be a good
time to do it - and also have it cleaned thoroughly. Whether you try it
in situ or out, the holes must be absolutely pristine. I use (not sure
if it's still available and if so, part no. is probably different)
Loctite's Klean n' prime no. 2556, applied with q-tips. Use Locktite
#271 (threadlocker - but also for slip fit joints). Use a good fitting
flat punch and hammer them down evenly, getting them in as deep as
possible. You might want to freeze them first to "shrink" them. Stake
them at the edges with a pointed punch.

If you do end up sending the crank out, I'd drill out all of the plugs
so that all of the gunk that builds up in the crank can be cleaned out
and because some of those that appear to be in solid, just might be
thinking of popping their heads out soon - especially if you're thinking
of racing/timetrialing.

Unless all of your plugs are out, and you've indicated they aren't, then
yes, your oil pressure will drop, but not as dramatically as one might
think. One can continue driving a car with dropped plugs, just go easy
on the loud pedal until fixed.

Biba
Irwindale CA