RE: Wrap and spontaneity

Not wanting to get into a flame war (no pun intended), nor to sound too petty,
although some may say it is too late, I have this to say.  A post to the
Digest says,

>>...which he then heated with a blowtorch to simulate the indirect heat of
the exhaust.  The wrap spontaneously >>ignited rather quickly.

If it was heated with a blow torch, it didn't ignite "spontaneously".   I am
not saying it didn't burst into flame, just that adding external heat keeps it
from being spontaneous.

I suspect that wraps cause a small oil drip that normally smokes a little on
normal driving temps, to accumulate oil that is insulated enough NOT to smoke
and evaporate, and then coupled with a long hard drive and the wrap finally
getting to ignition temperature, voila' toasted car!

John Justus (maybe wrapped to tight tonight)

End of alfa-digest V7 #394