How do I adjust Air/Fuel mixture?

Ok, now that I've replaced my O2 sensor (with a generic Bosch single
wire unit), and installed a fancy air/fuel mixture gauge, I can see that

my newly-built 3.0 power plant is running rich (especially above 3000
rpm's at sustained speeds).

So how do I lean it out?  I'm aware of a hex screw on the Bosch Airflow
meter, but which way do you turn it?  I've experimented with it some,
but can't seem to find a pattern.

By the way, I have a modified black box, airflow meter... which may
account for the rich mixture?

Anyone know where I can find some information about tuning a Bosch
Airflow meter and/or setting the CO on an L-jetronic system?

Thanks,

Scott Goodwin
Austin, Texas
82 Balocco 3.0