gas prices + Alfa content

>SUV's and Motorhomes would be converted into housing for
>the homeless.

I hereby nominate Michael Williams for public office.

And gas prices WILL go up. That would communicate to the masses that driving
a car is a privelege, not a right or an entitlement. Sure , it is a free
market economy/democracy and you can drive what you want. But where do we
stop? Untill everyone has cement trucks for commuting to work on the
neighborhood streets (Sorry about your dog, mister, I did not see it over
the hood of my Lincoln Terminator -Gold-encrusted Edition)?
Maybe when they are paying through the nose for gas and insurance (aleady
are for the latter) for vehicles they really do not need (there are
exceptions), people will start thinking about how their selfish and
self-indulgent choices affect others on the road, be it safety, pollution,
or just exposing the populace to plain bad taste.

My neighbours present an SUV extreme. There are 14 of them living in a a 2
bd. house. Instead of improving this situation (imagine being #14 for the
bathroom in the morning), they bought two (2) gold 4Runners, parking them
and blocking the sidewalk for the lady in the wheelchair next door.. What's
the logic? Keeeping up with the Joneses?

Alfa content:

The GTV6, Azzuro,  is finally scheduled to be out of a shop after somebody
(probably the above neighbour) backed into the front quarter panel.
Paintless dent repair is certainly recommended ! They even repainted one of
the drip rails, which from what I understand, always peel off. Now, I have
to replace the carpet and the headliner, but i will do that myself, since
the rains have not come in CA yet.

luke, Palo Alto, CA

74Spider (somewhat dormant this week), 82 GTV6 (healed !) , 95 164LS (the LC
display is going, I am checking whether the warranty covers it...), 98 Audi
A6 Q (T-Bird replacement on a subsidized lease)