Re: Charging System

Well, I had to run outside and look under the hood of my '67 to
make sure. ;=)

It's only slightly more complicated than the "one-wire" setup. Did
you get the short harness that connects the alternator and regulator?
If not, find one. I'm sure APE has plenty. In order to avoid messing
with the harness too much, I mounted the regulator on the left side
horn bracket. It needs a decent ground, but doesn't pass large
currents. There is a description of the wiring on the Isaluti web
site at:

 http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/3837/duealt.html

The text at the top is a bit misleading. Go straight to the bottom
and read the section in italics. The wiring diagrams should tell the
tale. The old wire that went to the generator warning light should
connect to a green wire coming out of the regulator end of the short
harness that connects the regulator to the alt. Note that on the old
style alternators, there is really only ONE wire you have to connect
with a ring terminal. The others go thru the short harness. Jumper
across where the old regulator was according to the text.

**Make sure you disconnect the battery before doing any of this.**

FYI, dim headlights are usually caused by poor grounds at the buckets.
I ended up running extra ground wires from the headlight buckets to
the horn brackets under the hood.