Re: Throttle cable hook up and transmission question.

 Yep, there's a hard rubber bushing that goes in the arm of the throttle
lever that the hand cable goes through. That's the only thing that keeps
the cable from pulling through the hole. I would imagine a metal or
plastic washer between the set screw clamp and the lever would also
work.

 Personally, I've never found any use for the hand throttle cable.

>The problem is when I pull on the throttle.  The set screw just pulls
>right hrough the loop on the linkage.  That is why I believe that it
>needs a bushing in the loop.

Phil Williams
3 spiders and a platinum