The SUV thing.

 It's my feeling that most people who own SUVs do so because they like
the up-high driving position and feeling of safety the big vehichles
provide. I 'm sure 98% of these drivers never take them off-road and also
buy them because of the sheep-like herd mentality currently in vogue that
deems SUV "cool" and upscale. Of course auto-advertisers champion this
attitude. Have'nt you seen the magazine ads for the sport utes with the
dirt and mud spashed on them so purposefully that I'm sure it was applied
by brush or with the new computer image processing software?
 I own a 73' Spider for the sheer fun of it and a 93 Saturn
wagon.....with the twin cam engine its a very light, sporty, small and
fun to drive utility vehicle.
 If the price of gas goes up, legislation is imposed, or the "cool" factor
dissipates, the ubiquity of SUV's will decline. I can't knock anybody who
really needs one or uses them to their potential but it seems like most
of them are used for gas guzzling commuters or grocery fetchers.

 -Marty

Marty Stuczynski                                             offcon6@domain.elided
NETCOM, the West Coast's Leading Internet Service Provider.      (408) 554-8649