164 Auto Trans Life Expectancy.

I hope to get some feedback from fellow 164 owners regarding the durability of
their automatic transmissions.  Recently a dealer shop manager was surprised
to find out that I had 120K miles on the original.  This was a cause for alarm
for obvious reasons, however there are no signs of performance problems.  Am I
lucky, or has regular synthetic trans fluid made the difference.  Maybe rarely
using the drive setting has saved some unnecessary shifting wear.  I would
value all responses.

Rick Rodosta
Eugene,  OR
91, 164L