Here's a Strange One????

I just this weekend finished the task of replacing the brake pads on the rear
of my '79
Alfetta Sprint Veloce.  After putting the car up on jackstands I discovered
that I would have to replace one of the rotors and eventually found that the
corresponding caliper was not working right.  Anyway, the car actually spent
about 2 weeks up on 2 jackstands, one under each side and using the jacking
points for the jackstands.  After finally completing the job and lowering the
car back to the ground I discovered that the driver rear side was now sitting
several inches higher than the rest of the car with a decided slant towards
the passenger side front of the car.  The car drives and I have gone over
speedbumps, etc. in an attempt to get the rear to drop down to where it
belongs.  I have not had a chance to look closely, but glancing under all
seems normal.  The springs seem to be correct and nothing seems to be out of
place.  Anyone else had this happen???  Any suggestions???

Jerry in Houston