Re: Giuletta rebuild

<< He should also find the an original took kit, re-do the
carpets in wilton wool, and maybe track down the original owner's
manual.>>
Dammit Jack! I knew I forgot something when I rebuilt mine ten years ago. But
then I still have not put the top back on which has been in my garage since
then. The roof frame is still slightly bent and who EVER drives a spider with
the top up anyhow? Bought it for $700 twelve or so years ago with some gift
money. Rebuilt the engine (still has a slight knock after 50K miles!) and a
good paint job (insurance  paid for both - won't say how) and just rebuilt the
Solex and electrics again and it still runs like a top. Has 64 Mustang seats
which are extremely comfortable and it still appears occasionally in the
Alameda Concours. Consequently for almost 13 years I have owned and run the
car it has cost me very little, given me and the spouse a lot of pleasure and
fun and I use it almost daily during the non-winter months. What's more I can
park it in the Safeway lot and not worry about door dings or theft of parts,
and it still gets admiring comments and glances (unfortunately its the car
that gets them, not the owner- DRAT !).
So, let the next owner restore it to its original glory- it  will not take
much to do so. Maybe when I'm too old to drive it any more, the prices will be
back at 80s level again and it will help pay the nursing home fees!
(By the way, to the original postee - I still have some body and drive train
parts if he has need of any)
G. Arlen
611300 spider
74 GTV