Milano (Verde) Vibrations....

One of the greatest parts of owning a verde is that all of the problems seem
to be endemic (doors that don't close well when cold, disco lights below
freezing, erratic tachs, etc....).... yea, my car does that too :)

On the subject of vibrations between 70-90 mph, my verde has always had them
(since purchase about 1.5 years ago).  Rotating the tires made no difference,
so I don't think it's tire balance or bent wheels.  The drive line is smooth
when it's revved while sitting, so I don't think the shaft is out of balance.
After doing some put-off maintenance over the holidays, I did notice
something that is the likely culprit, the rear motor mount.  Like the
GTV/Spider (and all 750/101/105/115? alfas), the rear mount (in this case an
engine, not transmission mount) is a cylinder filled with rubber that has
voids molded in it.  I presume the voids have been expertly designed :) to
achieve the appropriate dampening.  Anyway, these mounts are prone to tearing
(IME).  As with my GTV, I noticed that this mount is torn on my verde.  When
I replaced this mount on my GTV, the mysterious vibrations at 70-80mph went
away.  Perhaps the verde's will do the same when I do the replacement.

So, anyone with verdes (milanos) out there that have the telltale vibration,
check this mount to make sure it is not broken. I'm curious to see if the
other vibrators have the same problem.

Bob Brady, DVAROC
88 verde
74 gtv