colors by the name and number

In AD7-364 Tom Washburn reports knowing of several charcoal exterior/blue
interior 1982 GTV-6s, including his own-

For the record, the word "charcoal" does not appear an any Ditzler/PPG Paints
Alfa colors, DuPont Paints Alfa colors, or ARI Alfa colors list I have. I
don't doubt that his car is charcoal, but I may doubt that either the paint
manufacturer or the car company called it that. A main frustration in sorting
anomalies in color codes and years is the ambiguity in color names-
Anthracite, Graphite, English Graphite, or Metallic Black, any of which might
be called charcoal, especially if the paint had changed as it aged.

Wanna bet on how many different "Blacks" there are? There are different
"Blacks" on the '85 Spider (AR-914)and 85 GTV-6 (AR-913), but nothing in what
I have seen yet to tell whether the '86 "Jet Black" on both models is the same
as either (or both) Black(s). Most earlier Alfa blacks were AR-901, but there
are others, like AR-904. When did Alfa switch names on Piper Yellow and Topaz?
AR-349 is both Sapphire and Provincial Blue, while AR-357 is both Sapphire and
Peruvian Blue. All compounded by switches of formulas during production runs,
and compounded further by poetic but non-descriptive names- Faito, Matese,
Atomic Brown, and on.

I may be asking for a clogged mailbox, but- if anyone feels kindly enough to
pop their trunk (boot) lid and send me the color name and code number off the
label, year and model (and market, if not USA) it could help me tie down some
of the many loose ends.

Cordially, and TIA etc.,

John H.