Buy a GTV for Richard!

In a message dated 1/2/99 7:18:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, owner-alfa-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 16:24:53 -0500
 From: Alfa Romeo Search and Rescue Society <alfabill@domain.elided>
 Subject: Let's buy Richard a car....

 Hey Digesters... Genius idea... (flame suit on tight)

 Richard mentioned that he was looking for a GTV, as I remember...

 I think most (all should) agree that this is a great forum, and since
 it's free, why don't we pitch in and buy a GTV for Richard?

 Here's my idea...

 Say there is 1300 people on the digest... I-car folks could pony up too.

 If 70% of the folks donated $10, we would have enough cash to buy a very
 respectable southern rust-free GTV.

 If there is solid interest in this, I'd be happy to open a bank account
 here and when it's up to a level to buy the car then, with all our
 brilliant minds, pick out a car and offer it as a gift. Also, if it's a
 gift, wouldn't it be tax free or am I wrong?

 Sorry to blow the surprise, Richard... :o)

 Count me in!

Tony Brucia