Re: GTV6 paint

Thanks to those who replied on or off digest about GTV6 trim color and leather.
 A closer look at my seats has revealed that they are at least part leather, as
pointed out by Domenic Lippolis.  Some of the panels are vinyl with a cloth
backing, but some are clearly leather as indicated by a suede backing.  So my
car has it, but Alfa apparently used some vinyl in the construction at least on
some model years.  The vinyl parts appear to be the ones that suffer worst from
sun exposure, being blackened and cracked in my car.  As to whether all US cars
had leather, I don't know since I have been told of cars that were purely
vinyl.  Perhaps their owners were similarly mislead by the vinyl/leather mix?

I am still unclear as to whether my charcoal/blue combination is original.  I
would have to guess that it is, since I am stripping the car for painting and
there is no evidence of anything other than factory paint.  The interior could
have been swapped, but if so it was done in its entirety since the carpet, dash
and seats all match.  This seems unlikley given the known history of the car
and since such a swap is a major undertaking (AMHIK).

This still leaves me wondering why there appears to be no source of the
official color combinations offered by Alfa in the US.  If someone knows of
such a source I would greatly appreciate any info.  Perhaps I should try
contacting the resto. parts suppliers and remaining Alfa dealers?

Many thanks, and Happy New Year!

Dave J.
1982 GTV6 (in pieces)

- --